"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Monday, January 30, 2006

"Time marches on..."

Why does it seem as though time stands still sometimes, while other moments seem to fly by.... All I can say is that the next 60 days should fly by. Today I went on a wonderful 3.7mile run with clean streets....yes the streets were actually bare. I usually use my Yaks (grippers for outdoor snow runs). I really love the fact that I am motivated once again to run. Running is such an uplifting activity. There is nothing like the beauty of running ...year round. I was a home body last winter and put on 30...yes 30 pounds. I was too depressed when my husband left to move off the couch and into my shoes. I have stabilized finally. I have lost 4 pounds already. I have maintained most of the winter because of the running I have done. The four lbs loss has been since I started Weight Watchers. I guess I needed a little accountability. I know what to do because I was at my goal 2 summers ago. A little complacency goes a long way to destruction. I will push forward and continue towards victory. I feel a lot better since I made the decision to change my life. It wouldnt be a bad thing either to look a little sexy for my husband when he returns would it? hahaha. That is not my only goal. I feel so much better when I am at my optimum weight. Our culture is so obsessed with our weight. Even right now with 30 extra pounds on ...I still look good. It could be a lot worse. I dont say this because I am vain but because truthfully there is more to a person than the amount they weigh. Truth?! I really miss my husband and sometimes bad things happen, but I have learned over the past 14 months to be greatful for what I do have ...health, food to eat, roof over my head, beautiful healthy children, family and friends that love me just the way I am, good and honest character, the ability to move and to Run! There is much truth to the statement " You don't realize what you have until you lose it!" That is such a truthful statement. We should all be greatful for what we have and not be angry about what we don't have. God Bless.....

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger christy said...

Accountability is great. Isn't it amazing how easily we let things fall apart and yet when we have to face someone with a tasks results we sort've tempt ourselves out of straying from the course for fear of failure. We're amazing creatures. You look beautiful, you always have and always will...regarless of anyone at weight watchers. I love you mommy...please, je request no more hut de pizza, sil vous plait..it gives me belly aches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home