"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On the run, oh what fun!!

Today was a cold, a fetching cold. My neighbors are leaving, they are moving to Presque Isle. So I brought their housewarming gift to them. They are great neighbors, they have been so helpful to us. Then we got a mutual aid call from Washburn for a fire. I got to the station and we started out only to be turned around again. Apparently there was just clean up left. So once we got to the station we got a call to respond to the same fire in the ambulance, unsure if there was an occupant. Thankfully there was no one in the house and no loss of life. A good thing. Just get back to the fire station and get another call for Stockholm. We transport the patient to the hospital, then I proceed home for soup and sandwich. I take a power nap then proceed for the 4th time to watch Its a Wonderful Life. I am half way through the movie now when there is another call. I really enjoy my extended family at the fire station. They are a really good bunch and I really look forward to times when I can work with them or just shoot the breeze. They have been a big help while my husband has been deployed to Iraq. Being busy makes the time go by quicker. Today is the first day of winter and only 100 days until Louis comes home. Time marches on. I love my job as an ER nurse and I love my job at the fire station as a firefighter and EMT. I finally found out who I want to be when I grow up....I want to be ME!

4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Princess,

I am very Proud of You! I LOVE YOU!

Forever Yours, Louis

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy, you're silly...and I love you bunches! You finally found out who you want to be when you grow up, huh? Well I'm glad you chose to be yourself! We never truly stop learning and growing...that's one of the greatest things about the way God made us...always able to absorb more, grow more, love Him more...simply amazing!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Rita I'm sooo tired just reading all that! How you do it I'll never know! Looking foreward to our get together tomorrow night! Love ya

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*..no more Mr. Carter...darn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home