"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"I hope today was the coldest day of the year...."

Somehow I doubt it was...but I am hoping. Today I went snowshoeing for the first time. It was a challenge and I know I got at least a small workout as my bum hurt during this excursion. The landscape was magnificent. Endless blanket of white meandering though the potato fields. Ice which was leftover from the "deathlike" storm that we recieved just a few days ago. It seems like months ago. This is my fifth day in a row off from work, but I got cheated. I ended up with the puke flu for 2 1/2 days. Then a day of recovery from weakness. It was probably stemming from the "deathlike" storm and the countless hours of shoveling I did and snowblowing after work for between 2-3 hours. The relentless city plow and it's 6-7foot drift in front of my meager driveway. Now I have a plow guy on hire because I pitched a fit. So everytime I get a storm I have to dish out some cash....mind you it is worth it to not have to deal with the 6 foot drift at 6am when I am dressed and ready for a 12-13 hour work day. Today I have my health mostly regained...just mild weakness ( I think I am part horse or maybe donkey)...either way I joined weight watchers and I will be back on the road running within the week. I just needed to regroup. I think that if I continue to persue outdoor activities and enjoy the fresh air that I will indeed survive the winter. Last year I forgot what it was like to enjoy the beauty of winter and its snow which resembles diamonds in the multitudes. My Louis should be home soon too. Maybe we will get to snowshoe if there is still some snow on the ground when he returns in 87 days give or take. The rumors from the newsletters seem to indicate later as sooner, but I shall not get discouraged. Louis is anxious to see new horizons away from the camoflauge politics and stupidity. I just know I cant wait until he is home. I miss my "best" friend. Come home soon my friend.!!

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeeh! snowshoeing! I am glad you got out and about...may the beauty of God's winter wonderland bless you much this season!

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello My Princess

I am anxious to come home and be with you and the girls. I hope we can get out and go snowshoeing. I am looking forward to retirment from the Military. No need to worry, I keep getting positive feedback, and I strongly believe you are correct or less on the dates. Just as you said, "camouflage politics and stupidity" - and I will add poor leadership of our command causes many unnecessary problems, and worries. I LOVE YOU, Missing YOU "MY BEST FRIEND"
Forever Yours, Louis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home