"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Monday, January 09, 2006

A tribute to my best friend...

My hats off to you my best friend. You are the first person I think of in the morning and the last person I pray for in the evening before I lay my head to rest. You were there for me during the hard times and during the fun times too. Sometimes you weren't able to be there for me ( I know this contradicts what I just said) but this was not your fault. You have worked hard to make sure that I am taken care of. You always put my needs before your own. You love me no matter what, unconditionally. You smile at me as though I were special. You scold me when I need to be scolded. You listen to me when I go on, and on, and on, and on, and on...see what I mean. You make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. You make me cry with your kindness and concern. Many people go a lifetime and never know what it is to have a best friend. I have been fortunate to have many close, faithful friends...but I have to say my one true best friend is you Louis. You have lived with me longer than I lived with my parents. It has been almost 20 years. Time flies my friend and I am eagerly awaiting your arrival back home. It has been a long time....almost a year. We have some catching up to do....I miss you!

2 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Sweet Princess here is our song and my Pledge to you. I LOVE YOU, FOREVER, LOUIS

I Will Be Here(Steven Curtis Chapman)

Tomorrow morning if you wake up

and the sun does not appear

I will be here

If in the dark, we lose sight of love

Hold my hand, and have no fear

'Cause I will be here


I will be here

When you feel like being quiet

When you need to speak your mind

I will listen

And I will be here

When the laughter turns to cryin'

Through the winning, losing and trying

We'll be together

I will be here


Tomorrow morning, if you wake up

And the future is unclear

I will be here

Just as sure as seasons were made for change

Our lifetimes were made for these years

So I will be here


I will be here

And you can cry on my shoulder

When the mirror tells us we're older

I will hold you

And I will be here

To watch you grow in beauty

And tell you all the things you are to me

I will be here


I will be true to the promise I have made

To you and to the One who gave you to me


Tomorrow morning, if you wake up

And the sun does not appear

I will be here

Oh, I will be here.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! As I read this blog that song came booming into my head... okay that freaks me out! You two are an inspiration to me and a true proof how much God loves us! I would have dumped Alan for sure had you guys not worked everything out... but you showed me how to work it out! Thanks... Sorry I backed out today Rita on our trip to Bangor, I just can't handle anymore sad stuff for a bit... it's been a very rough couple of months...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home