"'Tis the Season..."
Well, where do I begin...this is the season to be thankful and cheery. I have tried to be cheerful...however this year is way different. It is funny how tiny bits of sabotage can ruin your day. Yesterday I ran behind schedule just because it was Christmas Eve day. I had to do all the last minute stuff. I did manage a run with Christy in the am. So the time finally arrives to head to my sister Annies house and we dispense with the festivities. We are already missing a couple of family members from the get go. One is no longer a part of the family due to some not so pleasant circumstances...this is definately a blessing believe me. The other is my dear hubby who just happens to be deployed to Iraq, land of the controversy. So anyhow just about everything that could go wrong has, but nothing is unfixable. I am usually the annoying optimist, but today I am having trouble to get a grip. Tis the season you see...but for all the cheer of Christmas I have been in a slump. My brother who I have always felt as though he was very unselfish and caring about everyone really disappointed me. Half of our family chose to honor the Lord by going to church on the birth of Jesus ( I thought this was why we celebrated??) to honor Him and celebrate His birth together as a family. When we returned a mere 60 minutes later, my brother and his family were gone. Apparently he was offended that we went to CHURCH!! God forbid, did we lose the true meaning of CHRISTmas!! I am flustered. Then do I have yet another shock, my father (who once served the Lord too above all!) asked me "Who's idea was it to go to church?", "Who was the brains or the 'ringleader'? of this operation'??" huh? I said , what do you mean by that? We...I responded as a family decided we would go to church since it was only an hour service. After all, are we not celebrating the birth of Jesus?... What has happended to my family. So the festivities continued. Then my mom proceeds to inform me that she serves the Lord too, but it is ok to give up a service for family, just once. Now I am really shocked. huh? This is my mother who is always the direct connection to God in all her prayer life. Am I in the twilight zone or what...my story isn't nearly done yet...hang on. Louis calls me...he doesnt sound happy. He keeps asking me "Are you still there?", mind you I can hear him like he is next to me , very clearly. This convo...not a fun one mind you turns very painful and it becomes very obvious as to why I hate this holiday this year. This convo eventually leads to tears, mine of course with very caring hugs from my sisters and my sister-in-law (who is incidently getting ready to see her husband, my brother, off to the same God forsaken place). My mom sees my pain and hugs me too and tells me she loves me, I know she does, she always has. My dad however, he didnt even say good-bye to me. I'm sure it was an oversight, but it still hurt. Nobody can truly understand the kind of pain I am in this year( unless you have been through it). So eventually mom and dad leave, Missy and her little ones leave. It is just Josh and Kristina, the Lunns, The Zbyluts and the Billings left to pray for Josh and Louis. The prayers are tearful and sad, I look over and think that my daughter Christy is being disrespectful by laughing during the prayer. I soon found out why she was laughing ....our prayer was just finishing when we hear baby Gracie asking for a drink, she streaks through the prayer circle "NAKED". Everyone breaks down with laughter! It was just what we all needed. God has a sense of humor for sure! So finally around 11 o'clock we decided to head home. I get unloaded and check the mail. What to my wondering eyes should appear...but a court summons for my ticket which I got in JULY for speeding to a FIRE!!! Why Christmas eve?...The girls open their usual gift "pajamas" then off to bed. I slept restlessly and was too busy in my mind. Around 6 oclock my time Louis called me. He was much more pleasant and sounded clear. Then my Sherri proceded to vomit and be sick. Grandma went to bed sick too. Christy was upset because some of her things didnt fit her. And Jess was just hyper. I know it could be worse..I should be greatful for all I have and for my family. I am sorry that I have been such a downer. I try to live my life to think of others but sometimes I just have a pity party. Well, I have had my party and now it is time to move on. Time will continue on , and soon my honey will be home. We will have our shares of trials too. God never gives us more than we can handle....it just feels that way sometimes!!


6 Comments:
Oh My Sweet Princess. I am so Proud of You. I LOVE YOU with my Whole Heart. I MISS YOU very much, so much it hurts. Christmas Day on a Calender, Jesus Birth, but truly, I say it felt like another crazy day in Iraq. The only Blessings are that my soldiers and I made it thru again,no one was hurt, and that I was able to talk with you and the girls a couple of times. It is almost over, only 15.5 weeks (or LESS)to go, and I will be back in your loving arms. Forever Yours, Louis
Rita I'm sorry I called Christmas day and complained a little about our parents to you... I know your day was hard and I should have been uplifting and not a hag! I hope I didn't ruin any of your day with that! Things do change so much in families and with it there are hurts... but some stuff never has changed and for that I'm most thankful! I did have a nice Christmas in spite of the sad stuff and frustrating stuff... one of those things I'm thankful for is you! Rita you're such a strong person and a courageous person, you are a big sister who is to be looked up to! You make me laugh, you and Louis have blessed me with 3 of the greatest nieces anyone could ever have! And I've been to Boston a million times but my trip that I remember details on was the one with you! So keep smiling a bit longer and then that goofy man that we all miss so very much will be back home... and within just a week or so we'll all be lining up to duke it out with him! :)
Your all in our prayers daily... some days minutely (not a word I know but that means we pray for you a lot more than once in the day)... okay well if I don't stop with this comment you'll get a restraining order on me or something... Love and Hugs your wonderful sister Debbie
Mommy...I'm sorry you're sick. You dont deserve it. I hope you feel better soon! God Bless.
I Love You!
Sherri Marie
well...I know I am human, and probably a time or two can muster up a little immaturity...but "Naked Grace" was very adorable...and so hilarous, I almost folded over in laughter/shock. One day I will preach a sermon, entitled Naked Grace. Inspiration right there...simply inspiration.
Mom I also want to say that I commed and highly respect your executive decision to drive us to the Christmas Eve service @ PIWC. Somehow, and very unfortunately, many over the years have let the true meaning and reason for our Christmas celebrations slip through the boxes of ornaments, the tree branches, to get stuck under the wrapping paper, strangeled in the reams of lights...butwe must NOT forget that the very reason we celebrate Christmas is because of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ's birth! Praise God!
well...I know I am human, and probably a time or two can muster up a little immaturity...but "Naked Grace" was very adorable...and so hilarous, I almost folded over in laughter/shock. One day I will preach a sermon, entitled Naked Grace. Inspiration right there...simply inspiration.
Mom I also want to say that I commed and highly respect your executive decision to drive us to the Christmas Eve service @ PIWC. Somehow, and very unfortunately, many over the years have let the true meaning and reason for our Christmas celebrations slip through the boxes of ornaments, the tree branches, to get stuck under the wrapping paper, strangeled in the reams of lights...butwe must NOT forget that the very reason we celebrate Christmas is because of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ's birth! Praise God!
well...I know I am human, and probably a time or two can muster up a little immaturity...but "Naked Grace" was very adorable...and so hilarous, I almost folded over in laughter/shock. One day I will preach a sermon, entitled Naked Grace. Inspiration right there...simply inspiration.
Mom I also want to say that I commed and highly respect your executive decision to drive us to the Christmas Eve service @ PIWC. Somehow, and very unfortunately, many over the years have let the true meaning and reason for our Christmas celebrations slip through the boxes of ornaments, the tree branches, to get stuck under the wrapping paper, strangeled in the reams of lights...butwe must NOT forget that the very reason we celebrate Christmas is because of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ's birth! Praise God!
Post a Comment
<< Home