"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Thursday, January 05, 2006

"What a beautiful view from here!"

Today I spent the day in awe of God's wonderful beauty. When I left work last night the trees were completely flocked with white. There had been a fog and the trees were as bright as bright could be. This morning I was able to take my camera outside and capture this beauty. As I was snapping pictures of our home a city worker drove by and smiled and then backed up and showed me he too was taking pictures while he was working!! Even if you were born and raised here in Aroostook county , the beauty that was there for the viewing today was incredible. I feel bad for those who did not get to see. For my wonderful husband who is stuck in the desert of Bagdad. It is for him I had to take these pictures. He will be home soon and I am hoping some of the snow will still remain so that I can take him out into nature and snowshoe. I plan on giving him a loving kiss by the flocked trees in the moonlight! Tonight I went cross country skiing with Shelly. It was breath-taking on the trails at the high school. Quiet, peaceful beauty of the flocked trees....and a good workout to boot. It has been a rough year without Louis. I am thankful to a lot of people, Shelly included. She keeps at me to do things and go places (like skiing) even though I can not motivate myself to go. Once I get out I don't want to leave. I love the outdoors. I love Northern Maine and all it's splendor. We truly are what postcards are made of, and jigsaw puzzles. I am anxiously awaiting the return of my hubby, but meanwhile I will occupy my time with the wonders of winter....only 85 days until his return. We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Come home soon honey...I miss you very much!!

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO offense to your romantic idea of a moonlight kiss near a snow flocked tree... but HELLO you just said 85 more days till he's home... I can't have 85 mored days of snow! I'll make a statue of Louis or something for you but if this kiss will happen in snow it must be he'll be home tomorrow! NO MORE SNOW! I will however admit this place is pretty but I'd prefer the looking at it on a postcard thing! I'm signing this as anonymous but I'm sure you can guess who I am! I'll give a hint I've known you since I was a little less than 5 years old!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom..I must say praise God for all He has done in working your approach to the wintery weather...this winter in comparison to the past few has you enjoying the weather, exercising, playing and taking it in...instead of being depressed without the sun! God is awesome! Praise Him! I am happy to see you enjoying the snow...and besides it's always fun to run in a few (dozen) inches of snow...they STILL haven't plowed the sidewalks....grr....I don't enjoy running in the road!

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Princess,

I will take that kiss, and a bunch more under the trees, in the moonlight, at sunrise, or sunset : (Winter/Spring/Summer/or Fall).
The beauty you captured is actually you being accented by nature that our God has blessed us with. You are truly Beautiful, I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU.
Forever Yours, Louis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home