"It's A Wonderful Life..."

Saturday, February 25, 2006

"Oh the trials and tribulations...."

What is it about a day that makes one reflective in nature? This has been quite a year in retrospect. With Louis deployed to Iraq I have had to learn all sorts of new things. You may recall my blog on computer savy. That was just one of the many things that I have learned over the past year. I have also learned that every job, however small it seems is a chore when you add it to your own task list. For instance every light bulb in our house has been replaced a minimum of twice. This may seem insignificant but when you add up all the lights in the house that is a lot of light bulbs. They seem to go out in waves. Two or three in a week or less. Then there was a matter of the snowblower, and the cars, the porch lights, the dog leash, the hot water heater, the door, the refrigerator, the window in the living room, the truck, the toaster (that was an easy one), the drains in the bathroom, the leaky pipe in the kitchen, now the loose wires in the basement ( I cant reach our electrician). Now one or two of these are coincidence all of these are a bit of a "mass casualty". I know people have worse problems than I do. I am fortunate enough to have the health and the money to address these problems. God has been by my side even when I felt as though I am alone. Just when I think I am going to go under for the last time, I pop up shining and better than ever, knowing that I learned something new and have grown. I am the type of person that doesnt let the grass grow under my feet. I love change and newness. I love adventure and adrenaline. I love organized chaos, I thrive in this environment. That is why I do the jobs I do, I love firefighting, EMT, and ER nursing. I love running and sports in general. Hunting , fishing and just being outdoors. God made such a beautiful planet for us to enjoy. A canvas of beauty. Just step outdoors on a cold, clear night and see the beauty...the stars and sometimes the moon. It is beautiful!! Well, soon my husband will be home and our adventures will begin together. Begin to heal and begin to grow again. After all we both have changed and we both have grown. God will be our mediator and He will reunite us and make us stronger. We humans are both frail and strong. We are clay and He is the potter. He will make us into a beautiful creation together. I thank God for His never ending restoration and love. God Bless!

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Sorry you've had to go through so much stuff while Louis has been away... funny the same stuff would have happened with him home but you wouldn't have had to face it without him and it wouldn't have been so annoying! Not much longer and your light bulber changer will be back to the "post" he belongs at! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you at church last night... you sneak in late :)
Hope your day is GREAT!!! Love ya Rita! OH and Louis if you read this comment PLEASE E-MAIL ME... not a foreward... Thanks!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger christy said...

Urg...I hate when the basement lights don't work!!!!!!

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess,

God only gives us what we can handle...But, I wish he just would not trust us so much...I LOVE YOU, Forever, Louis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home