Wonderful December
Today is a typical December day for northern maine. An easy day with flurries drifting in the cold breeze. Jessica is at a basketball game in Houlton today which I opted not to attend. I am one of those sensitive parents who has a hard time to watch my child's self-esteem flushed down the toilet by a coach with a chip on her/his shoulder. Mind you I am expert at this by now because I have watch as my oldest child took her licks. Now I have realized that there are some things which cannot be changed by a parent....even a well-intentioned parent. Right now being a single parent while my better half is deployed to Iraq has been an even more distressing concept. However, I continue to push on and one of the things I had to do in my personal life is to let go. Jessica will be ok, because she belongs to our creator and my savior, Jesus Christ. You see it is like this, you can hurt me, you can hurt my child, but ultimately you must answer to someone, and in this particular case, God. He does not sleep and He continues to renew my strength when I simply feel as though I have run out. He breathes life into me when I feel ...nothing. My mear existence is due to His grace. So I am moving to higher ground and by doing this I needed to step away from the basketball court and away from the thing that tempts me the most...parental intervention. See God corners the market when it comes to parenting...so who am I to argue. I love my girls, I love my husband, and most of all I love God. He allows me to overcome these trial through Him. I just have to merely "let go". God Bless You and keep you, Rita


2 Comments:
Hello My Princess, Neat Blogg, I like the way you have with words. I MISS YOU, and LOVE YOU!!!! I agree with you ("Let Go and Let God"), Move up to higher ground and all will be taken care of by him. Enjoy the Christmas Light Parade, and the Lapoints concert. Forever Yours Louis
I'm with Dad on that one. Ohh..and you do have quite the way with words. Anyway, don't forget that whole thinger in Jeremiah 29:11 --"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." -- Mmmk...have a great day! God bless n' Keep you always!
Love Ya,
Sherri
p.s.--> "So uhh, Christy, which one of our butts is bigger?" --Hehehe! Bye Mommajah
Post a Comment
<< Home